NEW!!! IP Office Server Edition
Avaya IP Office Release 8.1 includes the following new and enhanced features.
IP Office Server Edition:
- IP Office Release 8.1 introduces the new IP Office Server Edition for midsize enterprises.
- Supports up to 1000 users at a single site or across up to 32 locations.
- The primary and optional secondary server run on the IP Office Linux platform.
- Optional expansion systems runs on the IP Office Linux and/or IP500 platforms.
- TAPI Wave is not supported on IP Office Linux platform servers, but is supported on IP500 expansion system platform servers.
- Otherwise, the Server Edition supports the same APIs, and uses the same SDKs, as the existing IP Office editions.
- Supports direct media for SIP trunks.
- SIP From in Clear when privacy is requested
SIP Lines now support the Send From in Clear field. IP Office sends the Caller Id in the clear in the SIP From header for outbound anonymous calls. By default, Send From in Clear is disabled.
- SIP User-Agent header included to identify IP Office in SIP trunk calls
IP Office identifier is now included in the SIP header. This feature supports enhanced SIP Server header information in all 18x response messages such as Trying, Ringing, etc.
- IP Office can send UPDATE without SDP for session refresh over SIP trunk
The addition of this new audit mechanism validates that the connection is in place. If not, the IP Office frees the trunk, thereby improving network resource utilization.
- From header is used by IP Office as calling identity whatever presence of P-Asserted-Identity (PAI)
The administrator now has the option of selecting which Caller Id information to use for displaying on the user equipment. By default, IP Office displays PAI caller id present in the sip / tel uri consistent with pre-Release 8.1 behavior.
- Turn off OPTIONS if registration can do keep-alive
In IP Office Release 8.0, OPTIONS requests are sent to regularly check if the SIP Line is in service. With IP Office Release 8.1, it is now possible to send frequent REGISTER requests to keep the line in service rather than using OPTIONS.
- Fax G711 pass through mode including SG3
IP Office Release 8.1 now supports Super G3 fax transmission.
- IP Office now supports nonce caching for the proactive insertion SIP credentials into outgoing SIP requests
Beginning in Release 8.1, IP Office caches the nonce received with the challenge or with the Authentication-Info header. IP Office uses this information to proactively insert the SIP credentials into all outgoing SIP messages.
- All outgoing SIP requests may be authenticated by the SIP network with the exception of CANCEL requests
All methods support presence of (proxy)-authorization headers, except CANCEL (RFC compliance). For short term, INVITE, Re-INVITE, UPDATE and BYE support the presence of such headers.